Tuesday, August 8, 2017

I'm baaack...sort of

It's been over 6 years since I've written anything here. I'm surprised it's been that long. I do know that when I started this blog, it was therapeutic for me. When the therapy was over, I stopped writing. I am picking up my "pen" again to communicate ruminations that have been accumulating for a long time. This first post is just to re-introduce myself and this blog. For those who are interested in once again following me--until the therapy is once again complete--welcome.

In the coming days, weeks and months, I want to write about a variety of topics--all from a theological point of view (at least my theological point of view). As I've said before (6 years ago), I am not a biblical scholar, though I have aspired to be one (maybe when I grow up). So, my thoughts really are my own and don't carry any true authority or scholarly weight. I do hope that you enjoy reading them, and I look forward to engaging with you as you respond with your thoughts. The topics I want to cover range from more thoughts on grace, to marriage, abortion, the current political landscape as it relates to Christians, and again, the "end times." I have become a great fan of N. T. Wright, so thoughts gleaned from his writings will undoubtedly come through (though I won't put on him any misunderstandings that may arise as I interpret his writings for myself).

If you have questions or subjects you would like me to talk about, please let me know. As always, feel free to challenge me on any and every subject. I enjoy the exercise. In all of this, I do hope to bring some honor to the One who called us and saved us by His grace, the Lord Jesus Christ. More posts coming soon, so stay tuned.

Your friendly neighborhood theologian wannabe,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment